Every female has a unique set of breasts. They are an essential characteristic that makes a woman a woman; breasts are some females’ most important asset. They are all different shapes, sizes, and textures. Even the nipples and areolas present various forms, sizes, and colors. Each woman has a particular body type, which affects how the breasts sit on the body. Since not all breasts are alike, when a woman is considering breast surgery, there are several different procedures and techniques available to her. If someone wants to enhance their breasts, what are their options?
Your Breast Surgery Options
When deciding on the best breast surgery for yourself, it will all depend on your body shape and the look you want to achieve. Are your breasts too big? Too small? Asymmetrical? Sagging? These are the questions your plastic surgeon will ask you to help you decide what the right procedure is. Below are the breast surgery techniques Dr. Alexander offers:
- Breast augmentation: Saline or silicone breast implants are used to augment the shape and size of the breasts through an incision made around the areolas, through the armpits, or in the breast crease. There are many different shapes, textures, and profiles of breast implants to customize your procedure.
- A breast augmentation can correct:
- Naturally small breasts
- Breasts that have lost volume following pregnancy or weight loss
- Asymmetrical breasts
- Breast lift: Excess breast tissue and skin are removed to lift the breasts into a higher, more youthful position. Various incision options are available, such as around the areola (donut), around the areola and extending vertically down (lollipop), or around the areola, extending down, and horizontally underneath the breasts (anchor).
- A breast lift can correct:
- Sagging breasts
- Droopy nipples
- Asymmetrical breasts
- Breast reduction: The removal of excess glandular tissue and skin are performed to reduce the size of the breasts and create a more attractive shape. An anchor-shaped incision is made, which begins around the areola, runs vertically down the lower breast tissue, and extends horizontally along the breast crease.
- A breast reduction can correct:
- Drooping or sagging breasts
- Neck, back, and/or shoulder pain associated with large breasts
- Rashes or bra indentations caused by pendulous breasts
- Breast asymmetry
Make the Best of Your Breast Surgery Consultation
The consultation is a crucial part of the plastic surgery process. During this time, you will sit down with Dr. Alexander and discuss your goals and concerns. He will examine your body and review the different options available. As a patient, this is your chance to express what you want your outcome to be. It is particularly useful to bring in a photo of the results you hope to achieve. You should be thorough and honest about your medical history and disclose any current medical conditions so Dr. Alexander can decide if you are healthy enough and prepared for surgery.
If you are unhappy with the way your breasts look and are interested in breast surgery, schedule your consultation with Dr. Alexander today! He is a qualified plastic surgeon who has the skills and experience to provide you with beautiful breast surgery results. Contact us by calling (954) 589-0722 or by filling out our online contact form.